Tuesday, March 3, 2009

April 11 is approaching fast.

It's staring me hard in the face and it's not blinking. There's no getting away from it now. My race number is 50697. Look for it and try not to laugh if I'm hobbling my way down the street. I ran with Siya this morning and he's confident that I'm going to be fine. He was telling me about all the food there will be on race day, and that's enough to motivate me. Because I'm at the stage now where I don't want to be "toughing" it out for nothing any more. I want it to be comfortable. I want there to be food, water, drinks, and enough toilets. I have "safe toilet syndrome" - you know us types. We won't potty in any toilet we don't know, so this is going to be interesting! Ja, I know I'm showing my age, 44, and I'm proud of it. It's taken a lot to get me to this age, so I've nothing to hide. I'll never tell you how much I weigh, so don't even think about it. And nogal, I'm in the veteran's category. How'd they figure that out? I've never run a 21 Kay before, so it must be the age. Jawellnofine. We did a great run this morning and Siya told me he can see that I've improved. I've only taken two weeks off (not in succession) - one because I had some personal issues to deal with and then last week when we had training with Dr. Liso from Johns Hopkins. Now the pressure is on. Now the word is out and everyone wants to know if I'm still going to run. Well I have to, don't I? I am the face of Autism Action. I must continue to raise awareness for Autism. I'm going to run with our new t-shirt on - so look for me. I'm training my mind that I'm going to run 30 kays because I read somewhere that if you tell your brain you're going to run "X" kays, then your brain starts shutting down around 1 hour before to conserve energy. So I can't do that. I have to start training to run 30kays, so at 21 kays I'll finish with some energy left. Ja right, tell that to my legs around the time I hit Southern Cross Drive. Have you seen that monster? It's about 2.2 kays uphill. So I'm back on track and looking forward to this challenge. The only easy day was yesterday.

No comments: