Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Yipee!!! Got my orthotics and running again, albeit on the treadmill, feels just fantastic. I guess my body just got used to running with me being out of alignment and got used to the pain and discomfort. I didn't know how bad it was until it's not here any more. So one more week of running on the treadmill and then it's me and Siy hitting the streets again. Man, April 11 is just around the corner and staring me hard in the face, so no more excuses - just hard work and pain :-) I ran a 5K on the treadmill this morning and it felt good. Talk to me once Siy gets his hands on me again and it's going to be a whole different story. Paul and I have been driving up Southern Cross road and it's about 2 point something kays UP to Rhodes drive. So we drive this one every week so I can imprint it in my brain and just get over the fact that it's part of the course and I'm going to have to do it. We're going to attempt to do run Southern Cross drive as soon as the kids go back to school and I have some more free time. Until then, it's treadmill running and road running is going to be a shock to the system, I just know it!

The only easy day was yesterday

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I must say you are so committed. I'm still looking for the treadmill to buy! I'm now thinking bicycle!
Anyways just wanted to give you some encouragement!
Renee Belter