Tuesday, December 2, 2008

December 2, 2008 Well, I finally screwed up this time, big time. My calf muscle was still not properly healed, but I attempted to run on it anyway last week. So 1/4 of the way into the run, it starts burning like bejeebers and I just couldn't run on it. So I told Siyabonga this and we babied it and limped through the whole training. I felt like such an idiot. My doctor booked me off running for a week to get this puppy fixed. And then my deltoid in my right foot started acting up and long story short - I felt like walking on my hands because it was so uncomfortable. I met Siyabonga at the gym last Friday - Nov 28 and he put me thru a nonrunning workout that made my legs scream and made the 8.5 kays seem like cake. But it was great. So we've decided to focus for the next week on waking up those dormant muscles that need to get me up those hills and just strengthen my overall program. I love it. The new training schedule will consist of Mondays running, Tuesdays yoga, Wednesdays strength training, Thursdays yoga, Fridays running. That starts in January '09. For the rest of this year it's strength training and hopefully some recreational running if the calf muscle is okay. So I'm resting and rehabbing the calf muscle and it's feeling pretty okay. I don't want this to become a nightmare and lay in wait for the day of the race.

The only easy day was yesterday.

No comments: