Monday, November 17, 2008

12/11/09 - Wednesday morning and time for my run with Siyabonga. The weather is really not cooperating - we've been slammed back into winter with winds and rain. But, I gotta get to the gym at 9am as he's waiting. I really want to lie on the couch with a blanket and the book I started reading.

So I get to the gym and Siy says we're going to do speedwork on the treadmill. That means he's going to get me to run for 3 mins and rest for 2, then run for 4 mins and rest for 1 min, all the while increasing the speed and a little of the hills. Halfway through the session he pushes the treadmill up to 11.5 kph - I've never seen those numbers on the treadmill ever - and I've been working out on them for years - and I was running so hard I though my legs were going to fall off!!! Now I know what people feel like when they get on a treadmill and it's going so fast they think they're going to fall off. But I made it - all the while wheezing and heaving and feeling dizzy.

Afterwards I though I would get to do the assisted stretching that I like so much with Siy - my reward - but no!!! He puts me on the hip aductor machine. For those of you who don't know - you sit on this machine and push out like you're flashing someone - get it? But hey, there's weights attached to it and you've got to push like dickens working the glutes and the outer hip muscles. OWWW- man it hurt!!!

The next morning I felt like my behind had a bag of cement attached to each cheek!!! Sitting down and standing up hurt like blazes, but I kept telling myself this is moving me towards my goal.

The only easy day was yesterday.

No comments: