Monday, November 17, 2008

12/14/08 - So the glutes still hurt like hell!!! Where did these muscles come from? I meet Siy at the gym at 9am with my husband, Paul, and my German Shepherd Trinity. I figured we'd get in the family run with the dog. She's a great companion and always up for any activity. So we start running and everyone but me is cruising along.

Trin is hardly breaking sweat and Paul and Siy are having a great discussion about I don't know what as if they're sitting at a table. Me, I feel like my bodie's really turned into a sack of potatoes trying to run. Glutes shrieking, chest heaving, I just can't find my rhythym. So I finally break down and tell Siy that I feel really heavy today - that's putting it nicely. I really felt like something Trin would drop at the side of the road - you know what I mean.

And then Siy starts taking it easy on me and then I start feeling like I can really run but I'm scared to tell him in case he starts pushing me again and I feel like another of Trin's droppings. But he's such a great guy and just the best coach I could hope for so I don't want to come across as a whiny over 40 female. So I just soldier on but hey man, this run seems easy. So I just decide to enjoy it anyway and end on success.

Siy hasn't broken one bead of sweat. Paul neither, and Trin's tongue isn't even hanging out - she's ready to chase afer birds after about a 7.5 kay run. Me, I'm dead. I still feel like a sack of potatoes and the glutes feel even heavier. Siy stretches with me at the end and tells me to run for 90 minutes on Sunday. Sure guy - whatever you say.

The only easy day was yesterday

Jazel

No comments: